Always when you are in a hurry, things go wrong!
Most of Saturday and Sunday, I was not able to work on my course on Blackboard. I could create the course but not add any content except for about 30 minutes Sunday afternoon.
Finally, today, I was able to try out the basic functionality. I was just testing but I did go through most of the options on the Control Panel. I tried different ways of organizing content in units - folders, learning, units, items.
I was able to create a sample survey and some questions for the pool. I changed the look of the course by changing button styles. I was able to set the left menu to include items I wanted and exclude others.
Now all I have to do is mock-up my content. The mechnaics are working pretty well.
I like Blackboard. I had used WebCT in the past. Blackboard seems to be just as powerful and a lot easier to use.
I still don't like the Blackboard discussion list display options but I can live with that.
So, assuming the trolls and gremlins don't come out, I'm off to work on my course content.