As an organizer I start from where the world is, as it is, not as I would like it to be .. Saul AlinskyAs organizers, where are community leaders starting? Please join me in exploring the development needs of community leaders. The "course" outline is intentionally light. The idea is to provide guidance without overloading the learner.
For the mini-conference this week and next, your participation will help
- encourage discussion and feedback - need for a course like this, appropriate target audience, promotion for the project, adoption by communities, access issues
- solicit recommendations for projects that could benefit from community service leadership provided by course participants
- connect with colleagues, institutions and organization who are currently working in this area, or are interested in participating and/or partnering in the future
- identify and review other resources that are applicable to the theory and practice of community service leadership and community leadership development.
Mini-conference Session 1. Community Leadership Development - Overview
Please look through the Community Leadership Development information
- What were your first impressions?
- Are you personally involved in community organizations?
- Are you or someone you know or mentor in a leadership role?
- Would you look online for some guidance for developing community leadership skills?
- Would this work?
Thanks so much for your interest.