Yes, it was a bit half-baked but hey, that's why we were there - to learn stuff.
CBB - could be better.
- the theater seating didn't help - sets audience expectations
- formal presentation with powerpoint before launching into the less structured part - required big shift in audience thinking / participation
- informal chatting with attendees as they came in was good - could segue into un-conference
- pulling up the appropriate slide for the discussion was really good - need to use the outline list to get to slides randomly - less distracting searching would have made that part stronger.
- strong summary / wrap-up - answer question "what did I learn in this session?"
All things considered, it was a pretty good experience IMHO.