Tuesday, December 08, 2009

dynamic pages

This is an experiment, but it seems to work.

When I see an interesting web page, article, game, video, whatever... I create a social bookmark using Delicious.com and I include the tag "science6".

I have made a special page on WikiEducator which displays the most recent eight bookmarks with the tag "science6". Every time I add new bookmarks, I know that page of links will automatically display the newer information. The content is retrieved from Delicious any time the WikiEducator page is displayed. Sometimes it take a little longer for the page to load, but there is all this extra processing each time the page displays.

http://www.wikieducator.org/Science6/Science6_Web_resources

This should be great for Sixth Graders, so long as there are new bookmarks being added regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment