Tuesday, October 20, 2009

re-energize

Everyone needs to re-energize now and then. Things change and
eventually, you have to stop and take a look at where you are, what
you want short- and long-term and where to go from here. I know
I'm an optimist. There is always room to improve myself, family,
community and the world. It may take a bit of actual effort so...

http://www.lifepositive.com/mind/psychology/positive-thinking/thoughts.asp
- basics of positive thinking and how to get it

I took the Franklin Covey course. The best part for me was the idea of
having life goals - "To Live, to Love, to Learn and to Leave a legacy"
- apparently this is in his First Things First book - probably one of
the best life checklists. If you are ever in doubt about where
you are and what you could be doing, this is a wonderful quick
reminder. Figuring out what to do in each category is harder but very
revealing.

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen R. Covey. -
make time for specific activities / goals - physical, mental, social
http://www.franklincovey.com/blog/change.html - sounds negative, but
think of it as maturing / growing as a person

I Could Do Anything If I Only Knew What It Was: How to Discover What
You Really Want and How to Get It (9780440505006): Barbara Sher - I
actually did all of the exercises but I started in the middle of the
book. Worth at least writing down some thoughts even if you don't
follow the whole program.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment